100 Years of Religion in Portland, Oregon 1848-1948 Youngson
ONE HUNDRED YEARS of the IMPRISONED SPLENDOR of JASON LEE and SADDLE BAGS, PIONEERS, and RELIGION in PORTLAND, OREGON 1848-1948, Southwest Twelfth and Taylor Streets, Rev. Laurence Everett NYE, D.D., Minister (Half Title - SWINGING PORTALS: A Historical Account of One Hundred Years of Religious Activity in Oregon and Its Influence on the West.) Dr. William Wallace Youngson, Self Published, Kilham Stationery & Printing Co., Portland, Oregon, 1948.
First Methodist Church
SW 12th St. & Taylor St.
1848-1948 (100 years) Centennial
Methodist Episcopal Church, Portland's first church, began with seven members in 1848. Portland-area Methodist congregations founded Portland University in 1891. In 1968, the church changed its name to First United Methodist. Built around its 40-rank Wicks pipe organ and antiphonal, the music programs at First Methodist are well known.
Red cover with black title. Solid binding with clean pages and a lightly rubbed cover. Nice clean pages with bookplate at inside cover, and surface wear to front free endpaper. 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 with 200 pp. Illustrated. Scarce!