Harvard Classics - Continental Drama (plays) 1910
THE HARVARD CLASSICS,
Edited by Charles W. Eliot;
Calderon, Corneille, Racine, Moliere, Lessing, Published by Schiller P. F. Collier & Son, New York, 1910.
Classics - World Literature
The Harvard Classics, originally known as Dr. Eliot's Five Foot Shelf, is an anthology of classic works from world literature, compiled and edited by Harvard University president Charles W. Eliot and first published in 1909. A selection of six plays by European authors and rendered into English by various translators.
Continental (European) Dramas.
- Life is a Dream by Pedro Calderón de la Barca
- Polyeucte by Pierre Corneille
- Phèdre by Jean Baptiste Racine
- Tartuffe by Jean Baptiste Poquelin Molière
- Minna von Barnhelm by Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
- William Tell by Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
Nice solid square binding with clean & clear pages and just mild cover wear (lightly sunned spine & fore edge off color areas). About 8 x 5 with 474 pages.