Harvard Classics - Continental Drama (six plays) 1910
THE HARVARD CLASSICS,
Edited by Charles W. Eliot;
Calderon, Corneille, Racine, Moliere, Lessing, Published by Schiller P. F. Collier & Son, New York, 1910.
Classics - World Literature
Vintage from the 1910s
The Harvard Classics, originally known as Dr. Eliot's Five Foot Shelf, is an anthology of classic works from world literature, compiled and edited by Harvard University president Charles W. Eliot and first published in 1909. A selection of six plays by European authors and rendered into English by various translators.
Continental (European) Dramas:
1. Life is a Dream-Pedro Calderón de la Barca;
2. Polyeucte-Pierre Corneille;
3. Phèdre-Jean Baptiste Racine;
4. Tartuffe-Jean Baptiste Poquelin Molière;
5. Minna von Barnhelm-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing;
6. William Tell-Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller.
Hardcover. Nice solid square binding with clean & clear pages and just mild cover wear (lightly sunned spine & fore edge off color areas). About 8 x 5 with 474 pages.