John Ruskin's St. Mark's Rest (History of Venice) Lectures on Art (ca. 1890)
ST. MARK'S REST: THE HISTORY OF VENICE. By John Ruskin, John W. Lovell Company, New York (circa 1890).
- Lectures on Art.
- The Elements of Perspective.
- The Two Paths.
- Love's Meinie Lectures on Greek and English Birds.
- The Relation Between Michael Angelo and Tintoret.
- Val D'Arno Ten Lectures on the Tuscan Art Directly Antecedent to the Florentine Year of Victories.
- The Pleasures of England.
Series of lectures on art and architecture given by Ruskin ranging from the 1850's to 1870's. Illustrates the dependence of all noble design, in any kind, on the sculpture or painting of Organic Form. Illustrative plates throughout.
Brown cover with gilt spine title & black endpapers. Secure binding with clear text, many pencil notations at front endpapers, center two pages with bottom chips and just mild cover wear with a few tiny stains & corner tip bumps. 7-1/2 x 5 with several different sections.